• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rmansperger

rmansperger

I would not do Heaven's work well.

• Administrator
  • 8,308 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:26 PM

Okay everyone, here's a new figure drawing challenge - which will remain open until July 6th at 11:00 A.M. Pacific time / 02:00 P.M. Eastern time.

Posted Image

Enjoy.

#2 wildcats25

wildcats25

Always a New Yorker

• Veteran Outcast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

gave it a try.

Attached Images

• nude_june_27_2009.jpg

I have a Deviant Art account, Yikes!
Be legit, give a crit!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 EGoff

EGoff

just another outcast

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

Really nice job Wildcats!
I can draw better than you.
FIGHT CLUB! Record 4 Wins - 5 Losses
Future FIGHT CLUB! Champion

#4 rmansperger

rmansperger

I would not do Heaven's work well.

• Administrator
  • 8,308 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:02 AM

WOW! Very nice wildcats25. I love how you really capitalize on figure's form and provided enough detail to really provide a sense of volume and softness (not to mention sensuality).

I think my favorite part of this sketch is the handling of her lips and eye. There is definite emotion here -- awesome work.

#5 Anim8r13

Anim8r13

Now an Outcast

• Full on Outcast
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:10 PM

I agree, Nice work Wildcat!

My take for this week:
Posted Image
Art Archive
Deviant Art

"The harder I work, the luckier I get." ~Samuel Goldwyn
"If 100% of Hollywood says I have no talent and should give up, 100% of them will be wrong." ~Marilyn Monroe

#6 wildcats25

wildcats25

Always a New Yorker

• Veteran Outcast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:55 AM

thanks guys. i know i certainly try.
I have a Deviant Art account, Yikes!
Be legit, give a crit!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 artifexium

artifexium

Growing Artist

• Full on Outcast
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:29 AM

Hey! Is this thread still alive? LOL!!
I wanted to practice on my anatomy, so I drew the girl in the picture above today. Can I post it here or do I have to go to the Artwork section?

#8 Hendercrazy

Hendercrazy

Avengers Assemble!!! :D

• Veteran Outcast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:13 PM

Originally, there was a time limit for these... but if a thread is still open (where you can post)... feel free to put pencil to paper! Just not sure if there'll be any more of these unless it's something folks would like to see continue.
Don't be shy... be an active forum member! Post your art, give/receive crits and grow with us! :)

#9 artifexium

artifexium

Growing Artist

• Full on Outcast
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:56 PM

Ok, cool! I was just wondering because I was wanting to do these challenges to get better at female anatomy. And it would be great if there were people available here to give critiques and stuff, if I post it.

Anyway, I'll post my drawing for this tomorrow! Thanks! :)

#10 artifexium

artifexium

Growing Artist

• Full on Outcast
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

Ok, guys! Here it is! :)
I think this took about 25 minutes to draw. I had a great time drawing the woman, and I tried to go at it with a slower pace than usual. Just taking my time with it all. :)

Let me know what you think! :)

Attached Images

• 100_2603.jpg

#11 Hendercrazy

Hendercrazy

Avengers Assemble!!! :D

• Veteran Outcast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:48 PM

I think it's nice that this part of the board is seeing action again. :) Kudos Artifex! :D As for crits, if you're wanting to learn from life drawings... IMO, some main keys are to pay close attention to form, anatomy, placement and details. I like what you've done here. Especially how you interpreted her hair. There are just some things I see that you might want to focus on a bit more though. One is form. Her lower back has more of an arch to it and she's leaning back farther with her shoulders and back. This is adding to her showing more energy, emotion and sensuality. You currently have her sitting more straight up like she's leaning against a wall and that energy is lost. Second is placement. Take a closer look at her arm in front of her face. It's covering up her face almost directly in half vertically. Not sure if she's playing hide and seek with the viewer or if she's just striving for attention... but that vibe doesn't quite come across in yours with how you've positioned her arm. Lastly is details. While there's nothing wrong at all with adding style or flare as you study the piece... some of the details just don't look truly studied and look just simply thrown-in for good measure or something. Specifically... her belly button, nipples and pillows. Just be sure you work to build on you powers of observation and the stuff you pick up from that will really help you focus more as well as your drawing over a period of time. All in all, you did a good job capturing her overall look... she's just lacking a bit of that energy and emotional display. ;)
Don't be shy... be an active forum member! Post your art, give/receive crits and grow with us! :)

#12 artifexium

artifexium

Growing Artist

• Full on Outcast
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:04 PM

I think it's nice that this part of the board is seeing action again. :) Kudos Artifex! :D As for crits, if you're wanting to learn from life drawings... IMO, some main keys are to pay close attention to form, anatomy, placement and details. I like what you've done here. Especially how you interpreted her hair. There are just some things I see that you might want to focus on a bit more though. One is form. Her lower back has more of an arch to it and she's leaning back farther with her shoulders and back. This is adding to her showing more energy, emotion and sensuality. You currently have her sitting more straight up like she's leaning against a wall and that energy is lost. Second is placement. Take a closer look at her arm in front of her face. It's covering up her face almost directly in half vertically. Not sure if she's playing hide and seek with the viewer or if she's just striving for attention... but that vibe doesn't quite come across in yours with how you've positioned her arm. Lastly is details. While there's nothing wrong at all with adding style or flare as you study the piece... some of the details just don't look truly studied and look just simply thrown-in for good measure or something. Specifically... her belly button, nipples and pillows. Just be sure you work to build on you powers of observation and the stuff you pick up from that will really help you focus more as well as your drawing over a period of time. All in all, you did a good job capturing her overall look... she's just lacking a bit of that energy and emotional display. ;)

Yeah, I tried my best with her entire body. I guess I have a problem with not drawing exactly what I see, or something. But hey. Like I've always said. Anatomy always tends to kick my ass somehow, but I'm going to get it right, one way or another. Thanks for the words! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users